- Anchor Partner
- Featured Sponsor, Government
The City of Dallas Sanitation Services department provides recycling, refuse and brush & bulk collection services to over 240,000 homes while striving towards its goal of Zero Waste.
To benefit our community and environment while garnering benefit from our waste resources by providing excellent customer services that promote waste reduction, resource recovery, and support to the City of Dallas sustainability efforts.
Zero Waste Plan: Vision and Goals
The City of Dallas will:
- Strive for sustainability by considering the entire life‐cycle of products, processes, and systems;
- Demonstrate that the goals of economic growth, environmental stewardship and fiscal responsibility are inextricably linked;
- Reduce the volume of discarded materials and maximize diversion from disposal; and,
- Spur economic growth by recovering valuable raw materials and clean energy from discarded materials.
To realize this vision, the following goals were established for the Plan.
- 40 percent diversion by 2020;
- 60 percent diversion by 2030; and,
- Zero Waste by 2040.