Register now and join the STAR Reuse Council for their first reuse city tour in Houston! This is a two-day event touring 5 reuse facilities, panel discussions, networking and more! Lunch and transportation will be provided. Limited space is available, get your tickets now!
Why Should You Attend?
- Tour 5 reuse facilities of varying size, function, and mission to understand challenges, successes, operating processes for each business
- Exchange ideas and network with professionals from private and public sectors involved with reuse activities
- Hear from an expert panel on how the Houston reuse community assisted with the Hurricane Harvey response
- Brainstorm with industry professionals on how reuse and disaster relief could be better facilitated in Texas
- 8:00-9:00 am – Anyone not staying at Club Quarters, meet at Ecclesia/Paper Co. Cafe
- Modern church built from a former Fire Department warehouse and customers of Houston Reuse Warehouse; breakfast available at Paper Co. Cafe
- Free parking available next to Paper Co. Cafe
- 9:00 am – Tourbus departs from Ecclessia
- 9:10 am – Tourbus picks up passengers at Club Quarters Hotel
- 9:30 am – Tour Houston Furniture Bank
- 11:15 am – Tour City of Houston Reuse Warehouse & Recycling Center
- 12:00 pm – Lunch + Panel on Hurricane Harvey & Reuse (at the Reuse Warehouse)
- 1:30 pm – Tour Art Asylum (Center for Recycled Arts)
- 2:15 pm – Tour Magpies and Peacocks
- 3:15 pm – Tour Green Building Resource Center (next door to Ecclesia)
- 4:30/5:00 pm – Networking at Okra Charity Saloon
We are also looking at an optional tour Friday morning around 10 AM at a textile recycling facility, followed by a networking lunch.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions!