Join the STAR San Antonio Council for a lunch and learn about, “San Antonio’s Deconstruction & Salvage Initiative,” presented by Stephanie Phillips, Senior Historic Preservation Specialist, City of San Antonio’s Office of Historic Preservation.
Deconstruction refers to the systematic disassembly of a structure in the opposite order it was constructed to maximize salvage of material for reuse.
Hear about the broad goals of this initiative which include:
- Develop and sustain a local workforce in construction, heritage trades, and deconstruction
- Increase the availability of high quality and affordable salvaged materials
- Address important environmental considerations, including the reduction of carbon emissions, reduction of raw material and water consumption, reduction of airborne toxic pollutants associated with demolition, and reduction of construction waste
- Encourage neighborhood continuity and develop a local circular economy
- Achieve citywide sustainability goals
Date: May 24th, 2019
Time: Lunch and brief STAR-SA meeting – 11 am | Presentation and Q&A – 11:30 – 1 pm
Location: 1901 South Alamo, San Antonio, TX 78204 (parking easily available in lots around the building)