The 2020 Texas Recycling and Composting Summit Call-for-Speakers is Now Open!
Submit your proposal here
STAR is hosting the Texas Recycling and Composting Summit at the Marriott South Hotel in Austin, Texas, October 5-7, 2020.
This is the only state conference dedicated entirely to two major sectors of materials management—recycling and composting. We're excited to feature engaging sessions on relevant and timely topics in both sectors.
We anticipate this year's Texas Recycling and Composting Summit to attract more than 300 recycling professionals from municipalities, local and state government, private industry, higher education, and NGOs/trade associations.
We have opened up a call for subject experts to participate in both presentation-style sessions (60 minutes) and engaging and discursive panels (90 minutes).
We invite you to submit the information below as it relates to one or more of the following topics:
- COVID-19—Moving Forward in Changing Times: retailers, manufacturers, haulers, processors and others connected through the supply chain
- Hard to recycle items: policies, practices, how-to guides on managing EPS material, mattresses, appliances, and other not easily recyclable goods
- Buying recycled: state/local gov/corporation policies, practices, and how-to guides for the procurement of recycled content goods
- Integrated landfill facilities in Texas and beyond
- Technological advancements in the resource management industry, such as blockchain tech, A.I., deep learning machines
- End-market development in Texas current and future, such as chemical recycling, processors, end-users
- How-to 101: Virtual Communications and Presentations in the digital world - with staff, the public, and personally
- Recycling and waste diversion best management practices for Hospitality, Healthcare, and Businesses (small and large generators)
- Texas wine and beer sustainability – material diversion, bottle reuse, and best management practices for waste reduction
- Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) – what’s new, what’s coming
- The Packaging Debate – the myths and the facts
- Construction materials recovery - wood to biochar, metals, office furniture, and other recovered C&D materials
Topics are not limited to the above list, if you have an alternate idea about a topic you would like to speak about all ideas will be considered.
The deadline for submitting is Friday, June 19th at 11:59 pm CST.
The Summit Agenda Committee will review all the submissions, and participants will be notified of the status of their submission via email by mid-July.
Please note: Not all submissions will be selected to participate as a speaker at Summit.