Texas Recycling Summit 2018
Be sure to mark your calendars and register to attend the only conference dedicated entirely to recycling and waste diversion activities in Texas. We could not be more excited to be in Galveston in October for the 2018 Texas Recycling Summit – and want to see YOU there!
- Where: Moody Gardens– 7 Hope Blvd, Galveston, TX 77554
- When: October 28-31, 2018
- What: Summit is our opportunity to bring together professionals from the recycling industry to learn, collaborate, meet new people, share successes, and support recycling efforts in Texas.
Exhibitor and Sponsorship Packets are now available!
Download the Exhibitor Packet here to secure your spot in our exhibit hall which has sold out two years in a row!
Download the Sponsorship Packet here and check out the various sponsorship opportunities we offer and make sure your company’s name is in front of recycling representatives in Texas and beyond!
Call for Speaker Proposals!
We invite you to submit a proposal to participate at Summit this year on one or more of
the following topics:
- C&D recycling and technology developments in the US and/or Texas
- End-market development to advance domestic recycling in Texas
- China National Sword/Operation Blue Sky and the effect upon Texas and/or US
- Managing contamination at the curbside, standard practices and case study
- MRF tech developments and strategies to manage single stream recycling
- Circular economy case studies and working examples in the US and/or Texas
- Changes or updates to measuring recycling rates
- Policies/subsidies/tariffs and the impact to the recycling industry
- Rural recycling case examples and standard practices
- Technological advancements in the resource management industry
- Organics diversion and effective methods for managing contamination
- Sustainable funding strategies for resource management
- Effective strategies for multi-family recycling programs
- Capturing recyclables from small business generators
Click here to submit a synopsis of your subject expertise on one of the above topics. The deadline for submissions is Thursday, May 31 at 5 p.m. The Summit Agenda Committee will review all the submissions, and will notify you of the status of your submission via email by the end of June. Please note: not all submissions will be selected to participate as a speaker at Summit.
Speakers receive a full-conference registration rate of $100. Contact the STAR office at 512.828.6409 or [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest in participating at this year’s Summit!
Recap of 2017
The STAR staff and Board of Directors would like to say a huge thank you to all of our Summit sponsors, speakers, attendees, exhibitors, and everyone who helped make Summit possible this year! We are very pleased to say we had nearly 230 industry professionals in and out of conference sessions and networking events, a packed exhibit hall, and lots of great conversations– and we hope those numbers continues to grow!
Check out photos from last year’s Summit on our Facebook page and keep an eye out for registration to open in June 2018!
Thank you to our 2017 Summit Sponsors!
Lanyard Sponsor: NewGen Strategies & Solutions
Session Sponsors: Rehrig Pacific
Auction Sponsor: Community Waste Disposal