Becoming a member of STAR means that you are directly contributing to our mission to increase recycling rates in Texas. It also means that you are joining a network of individuals who care about recycling as much as you do. We encourage you to fill out our membership form below and join the STAR team today!
With your $150 membership:
- you will be playing an active role in helping support STAR’s mission to increase recycling rates in Texas
- you will receive one vote in STAR elections
- the organization that you represent (your employer) will be listed in our membership directory
- you will automatically become a member of the National Recycling Coalition
- you will have the opportunity to join one of STAR’s many regional/topical working groups
- you will receive our monthly member newsletter, jam-packed with important information about STAR’s upcoming events and initiatives
Each membership represents an individual. For organizational representation, please contact the office (512-828-6409) for mission sponsorship opportunities.
We are happy to announce our new STAR student membership rate!
Students who are actively enrolled in college/university courses can now become members of STAR for a discounted rate of $25/a year. This provides the opportunity for soon-to-be young professionals to get involved in our organization and begin networking with other industry professionals to help gain experience and relationships to begin a successful career start in the environmental industry– all at a reasonable cost to them.
Students will be required to provide a copy of their course schedule and student ID as proof of enrollment.
These memberships will have the same benefits as a normal STAR membership, including joining any of our regional and topical councils, discounts on STAR events– including Summit, and be a part of our STAR email network. If you know any students who may be interested in joining STAR, please have them contact the STAR office at [email protected], or send them the membership link. Simply check off the “student” option and be sure to email the STAR office with a photocopy of your student ID and current class schedule as proof of enrollment. We look forward to helping young professionals get involved and providing professional and educational development opportunities.