- Topical Working Group
We are excited to introduce a new STAR Council focusing on waste diversion through reuse. We welcome all organizations and individuals engaged in or interested to join this council.
Our mission: To promote waste diversion statewide through reuse by providing education, professional development, networking and advocacy for the public, commercial, and private reuse sector.
Reuse Tour of Fort Worth, May 2-3– Save the date for our next city reuse tour! More details and registration to come.
What is reuse?
- Adaptive Reuse
- Collaborative Consumption
- Conventional Reuse
- Materials Exchange
- Sharing Economy
If you are interested in joining this new council, please contact the STAR office at (512) 828-6409 or info@recyclingSTAR.org.
- Find a Fix-It-Clinic near You – Have an item in need of repair? Find a hands-on workshop to fix-it with guidance from a coach
- Host Your Own Fix-It Clinic Guidebook
- Directory of Creative Reuse Centers in US and Globally (last updated Nov. 2015)
- Central Texas: Austin Creative Reuse | Spare pARTS (San Antonio)
- North Texas: SCRAP Denton |
- Greater Houston Area: Texas Art Asylum (Houston) | The Center for Recycled Art (Houston)
Thrift Stores & Clothing
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore – Find your local Habitat ReStore to donate, shop, or volunteer
- Resource Exchange Network for Eliminating Waste – Free materials-exchange network cooperatively run by TCEQ and the Zero Waste Network
- City of Houston Reuse Warehouse
- The Reuse People of America
- Find a Little Free Library near You
- Bike Share Lending Program (Cedar Hill, TX)
- Toybrary (Austin, TX)
- Tool Libraries
Reuse Drop-Off Centers
- Central Texas: City of Austin | City of Lakeway
- South Texas
- Greater Houston Area: City of Houston |
- North Texas: Denton | City of Denton (Denton, TX) | The Welman Project (Ft. Worth, TX)
- East Texas:
- West Texas:
- Urban Manufacturing Alliance Makerspace Directory
- North Texas: Dallas | Ft. Worth |
- Central Texas: ATX Hackerspace (Austin) | Thinkery (Austin) | MakeATX (Austin) | 10BitWorks (San Antonio) | Maker’s Edge (Waco) | Tech Shop (Round Rock)
- Greater Houston Area: Katy | TXRX Labs (Houston) | Techno-Chaos (Sugarland) | The Humble Makers (Humble)
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation – Global non-profit that works with businesses, governments and academia to build a framework for an economy that is restorative and regenerative by design
- Textile Exchange – Global non-profit that works closely with their members to drive industry transformation in preferred fibers, integrity and standards and responsible supply networks
- Austin, TX: Austin Materials Marketplace
- Texas, RENEW (Resource Exchange Network for Eliminating Waste)